Pupil Premium 2013-2014
Proposed spend of Pupil Premium 2013-14
DfE Guidance on Pupil Premium Funding
The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011. Schools can make decisions about how to spend the Pupil Premium funding to ensure that there is a narrowing of the attainment gap.
From 2012-13, the Pupil Premium provides funding for pupils:
- who are eligible for free school meals
- who have been in receipt of free school meals (FSM) at any point in the past 6 years (┬ú900 per child)
- who have been continuously looked after for the past six months (┬ú900 per child)
- whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces (┬ú300 per child)
- who are adopted from care under the 2002 Adoption Act or who left care under a Special Guardianship Order on or after 30 December 2005. Schools will also receive the Pupil Premium for children who left care under a Residence Order on or after 14 October 1991.
Schools are held accountable for the spending of these monies, and performance tables will capture the achievement of disadvantaged students covered by the Pupil Premium.
This document outlines the proposed spend of the Pupil Premium 2013/14.
Fund Available 2013/14 ÔÇÉ ┬ú27,900 (expected ÔÇô 31 pupils/students)
The four key objectives:
- To focus on offering additional support to pupils in all Key Stages through the provision of additional resources
- To continue to offer opportunities for those in receipt of pupil premium to access the same extra curricular opportunities
- To ensure all those in receipt of pupil premium have access to funding for curriculum trips, year group trips and for other opportunities where the pupils/students are representing the school
- To continue to partially fund the post of the Lead Senior to offer additional monitoring and support
Spending to be reviewed at half termly intervals for each objective to ensure it is in line with our expectations and the proposed plan.
Therefore within 2013/14 we have incorporated a new objective:
- To ensure that the pupils eligible for FSM are able to purchase a balanced meal at lunchtime.