- To encourage every student to acquire the knowledge, skills and experience necessary, both within and outside the classroom, to promote to the full their spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development.
- To provide a working atmosphere where good relationships between staff and students contribute to an effective and enjoyable learning process.
- To encourage students to develop confidence, self-respect and a knowledge and understanding of other cultures and lifestyles, and to foster a growing sense of corporate responsibility both within the school and in the wider community.
- To ensure continuity between the primary and secondary stages of education and to prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life in an increasingly technological society.
- To establish and maintain links with the community outside the school, welcoming in particular the help and support of the governing body and the parents.
- To provide a variety of opportunities for staff to enhance their professional experience within a rewarding and fulfilling career.