Online Safety and Security for Students
This page contains lots of useful advice for students such as guides to different social media platforms, links to external websites and a guide to where you can go for help. The school’s acceptable use policy is also linked below.
Our Student Digital Leaders have put together a range of useful help sheets and presentations concerning staying safe online and when using social media:
Fake Accounts & Verification
Managing your Privacy Settings
Other external useful links
We also have a few external links which we recommend visiting for more information.
Where to go for help
If you are worried about you or someone else being bullied, targeted or feeling unsafe online, there are lots of options of where to go for help within your home and school community:
- You can consult family members or trusted friends over what to do
- You can talk to one of the AGGS Anti-Bullying Ambassadors, who will help you resolve the issue, or direct you to the right person if necessary
- You can also talk to your form tutor or senior tutor about any issues or worries you may have
- If you don’t feel comfortable talking to someone directly, you can use the AGGS Sharp System. Here you can report any sort of bullying online. Your message will be sent to Miss Wright and it will be treated seriously and investigated.
Other places to go for help online:
- BullyingUK/Family Lives helpline – 0808 800 2222
- Childline 24/7 phone – 0800 1111
School acceptable use policy
Please see below our acceptable use policy, which all AGGS students should adhere to.
Acceptable Use Agreement: Staff, Governors and Visitors