- Prospectus - General
- School Uniform
- Specialist Status
Founded in 1910, Altrincham Grammar School for Girls (AGGS) is proud of its long tradition of academic success, sporting and cultural achievement and caring service to the community. Today's pupils (1267 on roll, including 326 in the sixth form) are encouraged to maintain the highest standards of the past whilst preparing to play their part in the increasingly technological world of tomorrow. Enjoyment of learning, self-discipline, concern for others and opportunities for leadership lie at the heart of the school's ethos. Every girl is valued equally and encouraged to develop her potential to the full.
The school is situated in Bowdon and has excellent all-weather sports facilities adjacent on the Devisdale. These include two full size all-weather hockey pitches, a grass hockey pitch, six netball courts and a long jump pit. The hockey pitches are used for athletics and rounders in summer and the netball courts provide six tennis courts. The Sixth Form Centre is within a short walk of Main School but many A level lessons are taught on the Main School site. A new block for English, Drama and Mathematics opened in March 2002 and the new Library was completed in September 2002. An additional building programme was completed in December 2006, providing modern Science laboratories, as well as improved accommodation for staff and administration. In 2009-2010 the school will be having an exciting new build, which will improve classroom accommodation and provide a Training Room to enhance our Training School provision.