- Extended Project Qualification
- Frequently Asked Questions
- AQA Baccalaureate Project Supervisors
The AQA Baccalaureate is a new qualification for Sixth Form students. It has several aims. It:
- demonstrates the skills and personal qualities which employers and universities are looking for;
- recognises and celebrates the achievements of advanced level GCE students who have extended their educational experiences and personal growth beyond academic study, fostering active citizenship and community involvement;
- promotes independent learning, self-management and research skills through the completion of an extended project; and
- helps students see education in a wider context and encourages lifelong learning.
The Bacc has four key elements, which will be delivered in the following ways:
- Depth of study – through the students’ main A level choices
- Breadth of study – General Studies' lessons, and A level General Studies
- Extended Project – a project, chosen by the student, which involves extended learning, research and development of their own knowledge.
- Enrichment activities – students cover a variety of activities involving at least 100 hours. At least two of the following three core areas (work related learning, community participation and personal development activities) must be included, with a minimum of 30 hours spent on any one area. These activities are logged on an online diary over the course of the sixth form.
In the Sixth Form there are a huge number of opportunities for enrichment activities,
The award of the Bacc depends on certain prerequisites having been met.
- 3 passes at A2 in three A level subjects
- At least a Grade E in AS General Studies
- Completion of at least 100 hours of enrichment activities
- A pass in the Extended Project (it is graded A* - E)
The level of the AQA Bacc is then dependent on the grades achieved in three GCE subjects at Advanced level and the grade in the Extended Project.
- Three A levels and Extended Project – each at Grade E or above = AQA Bacc
- Three A levels and Extended Project – each at Grade C or above = AQA Bacc with Merit
- Three A levels and Extended Project – each at Grade A or above = AQA Bacc with Distinction.