Consultation on the revision of the Schoolâ€™s Admission Policy for entry in 2021
Wednesday 6 November â€“ Tuesday 17 December, 3.30pm
We would like to hear your views on:
- A proposed change to the definition of looked after and previously looked after children, to now include children who have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted (definitions section of the admissions policy);
- A proposed change to the evidence required for residency (section 1.8 of the admissions policy)
- A proposed change to reduce the qualifying score for pupil premium students who are undertaking our in-year admissions tests (section 2.5 of the admissions policy)
- A proposed change to give special consideration to sixth form applications from children who are looked after, or in receipt of pupil premium, regarding failure to meet an entry requirement (section 3.2 of the admissions policy)
Altrincham Grammar School for Girlsâ€™ current oversubscription criteria already places Pupil Premium students as second and we continue to attract a number of students meeting this criteria, reflecting the positive access arrangements that already exist.
Where can you access the full policy:
Please follow thisÂ linkÂ toÂ the draft admission policy for entry in 2021
How can you respond to this consultation?
The consultation will beÂ between Wednesday 6 November and Tuesday 17Â December at 3.30pm.
You can respond by;
- Writing a letter addressed to the Admissions Officer, AGGS, Cavendish Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, WA14 2NL, OR;
- Emailing your response to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for responding isÂ 3.30pm on Tuesday 17 December 2019
Please note that whilst we will note all comments and value their content, we will not be able to respond individually to completed letters or emails.